Skincare tips

Want to share my daily beauty regimen since it seems to work (so far) but I just started in 2012 so let's talk again in 10 years!

It's very simple. Get two items:

1. Bag Balm and

2. Anthelios Sunscreen (for face at SPF 45 or higher - also mentioned in this earlier post) - with thanks to Jackie for recommending this to me a few years ago.

Both items are available on Amazon so be sure to price compare.

I especially like this Anthelios atop the Bag Balm and this one for allover body (including the neck, arms, and chest). So far, I haven't been putting the balm anywhere else but on the face since it's greasy and difficult to spread.

Both items are available on Amazon so be sure to price compare.

And, yep, Bag Balm is for udders and it's main ingredient is lanolin (not vegan friendly - sorry.)

First heard about it from one of the most stunning octagenarians in the world, Carmen Dell'Orefice, who says in this interview that she's been using it for years. Even though it's very greasy (feels, smells, and looks like petroleum jelly) I just love how this duo keeps the skin protected and makes it radiate a youthful glow for much less money than most expensive items! Also, little goes a long way (much less so with the Bag Balm.)

I have two awesome skin conditions: rosacea (constant redness and often-pain with certain soaps) and sebaceous hyperplasia (looks like I have surface bumps all the time but it's not acne.) Oh, the joys of having Irish genes and big pores! Also, a dermatologist once told me that our wrinkles (especially those around the eyes) are often determined by our facial shape and bone structure and not anything we've done (or haven't.) Try to get enough sleep and use a cool (not cold) compress on your eyelids if your eyes are puffy.

My grandmother had beautiful skin after a 30-plus year nightly ritual with Estee Lauder after being an early convert at Goldsmith's department store in Memphis, and, while I love their products, I just can't drop this much moolah-->yay Bag Balm and Anthelios!

Remember, if this works for you, never use Bag Balm by itself or else you're going to get a hellanasty sunburn! Never tan and protect your skin! Good luck!

Popular Posts