Fashion philosophy - Part I

This post goes out to Mom for teaching me how to dress and never making me buy what she thought I should wear! For those of you who don't have a Mom who knows (or maybe who doesn't give a shit,) then let these posts be your friend and family.

Do you want to dress well but don't know where to start? Let me give you some helpful shopping tips and share some fave finds! I humbly promise this advice will work for anyone (yes, anyone.)


1. Never pay retail - except on undies and socks ;)

2. Be selective and always polite

3. Search everywhere - online or in person

4. Ask questions - sometimes, this isn't necessary but other times...jackpot!


That's it! Let me tell you a fast tale and then we'll look at each item a bit closer (or "clotheser" - ha ha ha.)

We all live on a budget (some more than others) but even billionaire Warren Buffet still drives a used car and has lived for decades in the same modest house in Omaha, Nebraska. Bottom line: You don't need clothes or a megamansion to prove your worth.


I also want to talk to those of you who think clothes and personal appearance aren't important. Does this sound like you before going out in public?: "Oh, I'll just throw on this tee shirt and jeans. I'm only going to the grocery store."


Well, you're right. In the grand scheme of the universe, it doesn't matter how you look but here's a not-so-secret: People are shallow. They will judge silently (and sometimes loudly) and all the time. We are wired to respond to what we see and if we don't like it, we're not *believing* it. Do you really want other people to not believe in you? Remember, you need to sell yourself AND also be yourself at all times.

More soon since Blogger says I'm nearly out of closet space on this post. :0

Popular Posts