What have you learned today?

This may be an urban legend of the ancient kind but I hear that Socrates used to greet people (perhaps colleagues or acquaintances) with the greeting: "What have you learned?" not "How are you?" or "Sup?" I would like to make this topic an ongoing theme for this blog if you'd like to comments and the leelou owls approve. What say you? Today, while riding the train on the way home, I have learned from three random passengers (three women and one man) that too many people believe it's possible to survive nuclear fallout as though nothing ever happened. These particular folks (me too) do not but the guy says he's talked to quite a few people who feel that they could pick up their lives and start over growing crops or maybe moving to another area. Jovial chat, eh? What do you think? I don't want to go on if Mel Gibson is the only guy left! Here's another: Have learned that it's possible to forgive people since we all struggle to live.

Popular Posts